- Get Involved
- Volunteer as a Group
Volunteer as a Group
Volunteer opportunities are available for groups of up to 15 people to support the animal center. We understand that most folks who ask to volunteer with us are hoping to do something that involves animals. However, our volunteers who work with the animals complete a training program so, projects for our one-day, group volunteers, though very important to us, are not likely to have direct interaction with animals. They are tasks such as:
- Cleaning and washing windows
- Prepping items (microchip bags, unpacking syringes, cutting puppy pads) for our vet office
- Prepping food and litter bags for foster families
- Cutting/breaking large dog treats into smaller pieces
- Making shelters for community cats that live outdoors
- Writing donor thank you cards
This is not an exhaustive list and there may be needs we are not even thinking of yet that pop up closer to the date.
We schedule these opportunities in two-hour blocks, beginning between 10 am and 3 pm, Monday through Friday; weekend opportunities are not available. Your group's visit will include a brief introduction to what we do at the animal center and a tour that includes a visit to the cat and dog adoption areas.
A great way for your group to further help is to do a donation drive. You can collect items from our wish list before your visit and bring them with you when you come to volunteer. If you’d like, we'd be happy to provide supplies to support your donation drive.